Asked Questions by Adoptive Parents
Do you still have questions about the adoption
process? Below we've answered many of the questions that we are
frequently asked. If you don't find the answers to your questions,
please fill out our Questions and Feedback
form and we'll answer your questions as soon as possible!
Or, you can ask adoption expert Mardie Caldwell, Founder and CEO of Lifetime Adoption your question.
Questions About Lifetime Adoption
1. How many adoptions does Lifetime do a year?
2. Do you have any guarantee?
3. Your success rate
is much higher than most other adoption organizations, why?
4. What size is your
staff at the Lifetime Center?
5. Where are you located?
6. I have heard that
you offer private, personalized one-on-one adoption consultations. How do I get more
7. We live out of town,
and would like to meet in person. Is this possible?
8. How can we learn
out more about your organization, since we live in another
About Lifetime's Safe and Successful Adoption Program
1. What is open adoption?
2. How long does it take to adopt through Lifetime?
3. Is there a fee to apply for your program?
4. What do we need to get started?
5. Do you have a waiting list?
6. Do all families who go through Lifetime adopt?
7. What happens if after two years we still do not have a child?
8. How do we handle the paperwork for our adoption, since we live in a different state?
9. Are you available if we need to reach you after hours or on the weekend?
10. Will prospective birth parents be calling us?
11. What about confidentiality?
12. Will you help us prepare an adoption profile?
13. What is the procedure to be presented to a birthmother through Lifetime?
14. When a birthmother requests families be sent to her, how is it determined what families she receives?
15. We are signed up with an agency in our state, but have had no luck. We would like to get as much exposure and help as possible. Will you work with a family that is signed up with another organization?
16. We are working with another adoption professional, but have not had any luck. Can you help us?
17. As an adoptive family, what can we do to speed up the adoption process?
18. What is a home study?
19. Do we need a home study before we contract with Lifetime?
20. If we don't have an attorney, how do we find one?
21. Does Lifetime have references of families that have successfully completed an adoption?
What About Lifetime's Fee and Financing Adoption Costs?
1. What is the total cost of adoption?
2. Do you offer payments or have resources for adoption loans?
3. Does Lifetime Adoption accept credit cards when paying for payment of adoption fees?
Who Can Adopt Through Lifetime?
1. Who is eligible to adopt?
2. Do you accept applications from single parents?
3. Do I need to be an American citizen or live in the United States to adopt through Lifetime Adoption?
4. Do you have age requirements for adoptive parents?
5. We already have children, can we still adopt with Lifetime?
6. We live in another state. Can you still help us adopt?
7. Do we need a computer or access to the Internet to use Lifetime?
About the Babies, Children, and Birth Parents
1. If I adopt a newborn, how old is the baby when I receive him/her?
2. Do you have newborns or infants now?
3. Can we select the gender of the child?
4. Do you ever have twins?
5. What ages and ethnic backgrounds of children do you have available?
6. What does bi-racial or mixed race mean?
7. Where do your birth parents and children come from?
8. I noticed you have older children seeking homes. Where are these children living now?
9. Will birth parents consider a family outside of their area?
10. What about the baby’s health?
11. What happens in the event the baby is born and there are medical problems we feel we can’t handle?
12. What happens if the birth mom changes her mind before or after placement?
13. Are the birth mother situations listed on your site still available?
Was your adoption question not answered above?
Ask adoption expert Mardie Caldwell directly!
Remember, There is a Child